Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas

   I've been busy making a few things for Christmas!
   Yes, I know that it's only July.
   This actually started over a couple of years ago when my Mom gave me the remains of a chenille bedspread that had been on my Poppy's bed for years. It had been washed and dried so much that the center of it was shredded. But like most quilter/crafters, I don't throw much away. No, I'm not a hoarder. But, there are just some things that I hang onto because I have a sentimental streak that just won't quit.
   Anyway, I finally decided what I wanted to do with this bedspread. Or, at least part of it.
   I made Christmas ornaments. Little stockings to hang on the tree.

 I made one for each of my Brothers and Sisters and I'm making one for myself. I have enough fabric left that I may make a full size stocking to hang on the mantle later.
  I didn't have a pattern for these, so I just cut them out as close to the size I wanted as possible. Each one came out a little different. But that's ok. Each Brother and Sister is different. :)


Hope that you've been inspired to create a memory with something special.

Blessings to All ~S~

No comments: