Monday, October 26, 2009

Changes

As you can see, I've changed my background and template again. I just like the idea of a cozy country home with a visitor being welcomed. I would have preferred something a little more farmhouse country, but since I am not creative enough to design my own, I went with one that had a country feel to me.  
  Well tomorrow my Kelly starts school at the beauty academy. I am excited for her and sad for me. She has grown so much. My prayers will be for her to do well, and to stay firm in her love and commitment to Christ Jesus. 
   Today we are going to deliver the baby blanket that I made to Evelyn Ruth. I am so excited about it. I look forward to meeting her in person. I'm also planning on getting started on the new quilt now. I will post pictures as I get steps done. Always excited to work on a new creation for a baby!

    Now going back one more day. I spent the weekend also working on the Unit Study that I am doing with my girls using Pride and Prejudice. And getting my scribbled notes off of the paper and onto the computer into something that resembled order. I don't think I realized how hard it would be to actually write a Unit Study out. I've always just had a goal in mind and done the work and followed the rabbit trails. Then I wrote down what we did in our lesson plan book. It was stuff that was accomplished. The rabbit trails kept the learning exciting because I take my cues from what interests the girls. Perhaps we will buy a couple of straw hats and decorate them as Jane and Lizzy did in the story. You never know what might peak your interest as you read a good book. Especially as you read it together as a family.Until next time, Blessings and Love, S

No comments: