Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know that we have so much to be thankful for. At the risk of sounding common, there's - Family, good Friends, homeschooling, food in our home, a home to live in, my sweet Hubby, and the list could go on. Mostly I am thankful for a God that gives grace, forgiveness, and love. 
 We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. I had to laugh at my husbands Grandmother (97yr.), I fixed her plate and set it in front of her. She looked up at me and said, "Well you are getting nice!" I laughed and told her I've always been nice, she's just always been a do it myself type of person who wouldn't let anyone help her. She really is a sweet precious lady.
  On Friday, we put up our Christmas tree. Our girls love setting it up and putting up the Christmas village on our sideboard. We have just a few more decorations to put out and then we will be ready to start our Christmas baking in about a week. I have been working on crocheting dish cloths and small doilies. These are going to be put in little tea cups along with a little sampling of baked goodies for my neighbors. I am heading to a wonderful little thrift store to buy the tea cups. 
   Well I am off to go clean and then work on the pink and white baby quilt.
   Blessings to all, S

No comments: