Thursday, September 30, 2010

Focus

     Sometimes when I have a project going. I have a hard time keeping focused on what I need to be doing. That's the way it has been this past week.
      A couple of years ago I bought a cross stitch pattern.Search Amazon.com for geisha cross stitch 
Kelly likes Japanese decor and I thought that she would like this. So I went out and got all the colors that I didn't have in my box, and the fabric. Then I got distracted by other things. (If you knew the crazy things that happen in this house it wouldn't surprise you.) Any way, It took me a while to get back to it. I think that I needed two years to mature, because this pattern has a lot of half stitches and is worked on a 28 count fabric. My eyes tell me I should have gotten to it sooner. Magnifying tools are never to be under rated in this house. It's been a long time since I have done any cross stitching and I have had to take a few stitches out along the way, so I am trying very hard not to mess up. The pattern is beautiful, and lately it's all I've wanted to do. I have had to make myself set it down and do the things that needed to be done this last week.
      Of course I get great motivation to work from all the voices around our home that tell me they need clean clothes or that they are hungry. They are all grown up! I taught them to do laundry and cook, but for some reason they think that I still have to do it for them. I guess that's the price you pay for being Mom. And that's OK too. It's good to be needed and I sure do love all these wonderful people that fill my home with such joy!
     The weather has turned cool down here, finally. I am very glad, I love soup weather! This week I made a gumbo that was delicious! My Sister shared her recipe with me and since she's a great cook I thought that I'd try it. She got the recipe from a Paula Deen cookbook. It was also on foodnetwork.com. I changed the recipe up just a little and added shrimp and celery to mine. I didn't have okra so that was left out. It was still yummy though. I think that the next time I may leave out the shrimp.
    Hope that everyone has an awesome weekend!
Blessings and Love to all ~ S ~ The Quilted YaYa

No comments: