Saturday, December 3, 2011

What I've been up to

 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)

  It's almost Christmas! The last few weeks have been major busy, but we made it through Thanksgiving.                 I've been cleaning other peoples homes, but this week I had none to clean but my own. My home is clean but, it's hard to deep clean your own home when you clean other peoples homes. So we got started. We made progress, but it still isn't where I'd like it to be. Maybe for spring cleaning I will make better progress. :) I need to take down the curtains and wash the dust out of them and then clean the baseboards, and move everything out of a  room give it a good scrubbing and then put it back, in an orderly fashion. That also means throwing much stuff out.
   I will be organized, I will be organized, I will be organized! 
   This spring I am going to get rid of some of my fabric that I have also. I have way more than I will ever use and I don't want it to go to waste. Perhaps if I narrow down what I have I won't be so overwhelmed when I look at it, and actually be able to get a project finished. Let's hope anyway.
   The next two weeks will be spent finishing up the school work that Aimee has before Christmas break. HooRaH for Christmas Break! Then it will be on to Christmas baking. YUM! and finishing up a few last minute shopping details. I'm getting tired just thinking about it and I've only been up for a little while. I think that I need more coffee. 
   I've been making these cute little angel ornaments too. So much fun, and easy to make. I've given a couple of them away, and put one on our tree. Most will go on Christmas presents this year. Then I will probably make some to sell next Christmas.
 
Yesterday we did our family photo for our Christmas cards. Always a fun time. Hard to get one that everyone likes, so we usually end up with several. This year though it only took about 2 or 3. And I'll never tell that Dad was wearing his pajama bottoms. 0: )
Merry Christmas!

too scrunched up.

a little too dark for printing.
    Jessica has a special project that she does every year around this time. If you feel led, go to Anysoldier.com and choose a soldier to send a Christmas care package to or a card. Let our troops know that you haven't forgotten them and that you care and are lifting them up in prayer. We've made several new friends this way and learned a lot about different cultures. Some of them are even our pen pals now.
    Another special project that you might consider is sending Christmas cards or care packages to missionaries. If your church doesn't have missionaries, check with one that does. They will share their list with your family.

Merry Christmas too ALL
Praying that your Christmas is filled with special moments that become special memories. 
Blessings and Love, ~S~

No comments: