Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What was I Thinking?

    Ok, so about a year ago I sat down and crocheted over a couple of weeks time a cute little girl pinafore. I had some pretty mint green yarn and thought that it would make a beautiful dress for a little girl.
  The other day, when I set out to take pictures of the dress to post on my business page: Stitches from My Heart, I realized that the three skeins of yarn that I had used had come from two different dye lots. It wasn't until I put it under the florescent lights that I noticed the difference.
   I just wanted to cry. I couldn't believe that I didn't notice it until now. It's been hanging up all of this time. I will probably end up practically giving it away. Even though the work was the same as I have always done. I just can't in good conscience sell something that is not 100%.
    So if you know of anyone that wants a pretty pinafore for a little girl sized 3T , let me know.
    I know that the difference in color isn't noticeable in this picture, but trust me it's there. Just the slightest difference in shades of mint green.
    My Grandma always told me to make sure to buy enough to make a project and make sure that it was all from the same dye lot. I will pay closer attention from here on out.
     Well, other than being upset about the dress, the days are blessed and I love that God is working in so many lives.
    Blessings to you all ~S~

No comments: