Saturday, September 19, 2009

Prayers

My last post was on Tuesday after our family dentist appointment. Since then the world has turned upside down. Tuesday night my friends Karen & Stephen went to the hospital to have their baby. On Wednesday morning around 2 a.m. I woke up and felt the need to pray. Couldn't get back to sleep so around 3 I got out of bed and turned on my computer. When I signed into Face Book I realized the world had gone crazy overnight while I was sleeping. Karen had the baby shortly after 11 p.m. on Tuesday and at 2 they transferred baby Cayden James to UAB to the NICU. He was not breathing well and wasn't responding (waking up) like he should. My heart was breaking for Karen and Stephen and the rest of the family. I have been praying ever since. Stephen has been like a son to me for so many years.
On Thursday I had posted some pictures of a quilt that I had made last year and finally got the pictures on my computer. When I was looking at the pictures of the quilt that I had made for Cayden, I realized that the scripture that I had embroidered on the back was even more meaningful. Ps. 17: 8 Guard me as the apple of your eye, hide me under the shadow of your wings.

It wasn't until Friday that I realized that God had awakened me to pray when Cayden was being transferred to UAB. I will continue to pray for this most precious baby until he comes home. I pray that God will continue to cover this precious family with His love and protection.

No comments: