Monday, September 21, 2009

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts

Good Morning world.
Sitting here this morning drinking my coffee and reading quilting blogs. Felt like sharing a few of the quilts that I have made. It's been a busy year, and I've been crocheting or quilting a lot. But I love it! So many beautiful babies being born.




The quilt above is one that I made for a very special little boy named Cayden. * These pictures aren't the greatest in the world. There is hand embroidery on each of the centers and down the sides. Cayden's Mom loves apples so I did a running stitch apple on each square. On the sides I wrote (also in running stitch) Apple of my eye, one apple-two apple-red apple- blue apple, The top says applelicious, and the bottom has apple bottom baby embroidered. I made one extra square and pieced it into the backing and machine embroidered scripture. Psalm 17:8 says Guard me as the apple of your eye, hide me under the shadow of your wings. I think every baby should be wrapped in Gods love and be covered by His word. I try to put scripture on most everything but my crocheted blankets. Those get prayed over and the Mamas, Daddies and babes get prayed for while I'm making them. Every baby is special, a beautiful gift from God.
*Cayden was born on Sept. 15th, and had trouble responding at birth. He was taken to UAB hospital and placed in a hypothermia state. He has now been warmed back up and is doing much better. So many people have been praying for baby Cayden. If you have Facebook you can check out his special web site at: Prayers for baby Cayden
Blessings to all

No comments: