Friday, December 18, 2009

It's almost here!

It's almost Christmas Day!  

Happy Birthday Jesus
yes, I know that it isn't actually the real birth date, but it is the day that we celebrate the birth of our Saviour!

  Christmas carols are running through my mind, and I'm wishing that my shopping was done.   
     I'm tired and cranky today, and I really don't feel like doing much of anything. But I will. I will get the things done that need to be. I will lay something out to thaw for dinner and then I will actually cook. I used to like to cook. It was so much fun. Then, the cost of groceries started to rise. And gas went up so it cost more to drive to the market. Well it just seems to go from bad to worse. Then, Christmas shopping is a chore for people who have all that they need and really don't want just stuff to fill their homes with. 
     Some days I think I'd give it all up to move up into the mountains, in a home that is paid for and leave behind the tv, phone, computer and the rat race. Be a real pioneer. Then again this is all stuff that we have become so accustomed to. I like being able to pop in a dvd and watch a favorite movie. I like being able to pick up the phone and talk to my sister, or a friend. I like being able to log into facebook and see what's going on with my friends. Today I am feeling overwhelmed.  There are many things that I want to do and have to do, so many that I don't even know where to start. Ugh!
    This morning as I was reading my Bible, I looked up the word "order". I need order in my life. Right now everything looks like chaos to me. People to still buy for, dinners to plan, etc. Will I ever get organized? Who knows.
   Well, God knows. He knows what I need exactly when I need it. So as I read this morning  the peace of Jesus came. I know that everything will be done in it's time and if it isn't then that will be ok too. These verses really spoke to me, and I Hope that they touch your heart too.
"Dominion and awe belong to God; he establishes order in the heights of heaven. Job 25:2
But be sure that everything is done properly and in order. 1Cr. 14:40
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. As in all the congregations of the saints, 1Cr. 14:33
Merry Christmas Everyone. I pray for you peace and contentment, Joy and Love.  The wonder that is Christmas, and the awe that comes from knowing that Immanuel (God with us) is in control of all.  May the God of the universe be with you.

 Love and Blessings to all, S 

No comments: