Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a New Year

   Happy NEW YEAR! to all my friends!

It's a new Year! Full of hopes, dreams and goals. I have hopes of finally loosing weight, getting organized and unplugging from the computer for longer periods of time. Well Facebook any way. I want to get caught up and work on typing up the unit study that the girls and I are doing this year for school.  I have a  quilt that I want to work on for a baby and a blanket to crochet for a young lady that I've been praying for.
   I think that my biggest goal this year is to commit to pray for my family on a daily basis. Several years ago a friend of mine challenged me to pray from the Psalms each day for my family. It was wonderful, and taught me how to pray from God's word. So with that in mind I will try to do it again this year.
   She started me out with Psalm 1 to teach me how. I have saved this over the years and I'm posting it today.
Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers. But they delight in doing everything the LORD wants; day and night they think about his law. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season without fail. Their leaves never wither, and in all they do, they prosper. But this is not true of the wicked. They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction. Psalm 1 (NLT)

Prayer:
  Father God,
 I pray that every member of my family, my neighbors, and my friends would be blessed- choosing not to walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit tin the seat of mockers.
 I pray that we would all take desperate delight in Your Law, meditating on it day and night. May it become bound to every fiber of our being. May we all be as tress planted by streams of water- Living Water- yielding abundant fruit in every season- fruit for Your Honor and Glory- that our faith and attitudes of love and endurance never wither, that we might prosper in all our Kingdom labors.
We ask that You blow on any chaff that is on our lives- blow it away, that You will clearly show us everthing that displeases you- refine us in Your Holy Fires.
Thank You for Your continual watch over us- help us to be faithful in guarding and defending our family, friends, neighbors, etc. from all spirtiual assaults.
May this prayer rise before Your Holy Throne of Grace and resonate until every member of our family, every neighbor, every friend is walking in accordance with Your chosen Will for their lives -our lives.
 Amen

Blessings & Joy to all, S

No comments: