Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I serve an Awesome God!

   It's been a very busy weekend. So Happy Independence Day a day late. Hope that everyone enjoyed their day.
    Our week last week was busy with cleaning and errands and getting ready for the 4th. Thursday I cleaned one house and then as I walked in the door my Father -in- Love called and asked if I wanted veggies from their garden. That was a no brainer. I'm always up for free veggies.  But I had to go to their home an hour away to pick them up. I asked if they would keep until Friday morning and he said "yes".
   So bright and early Friday morning, like 5:30 a.m. I got up and headed for their home. Gave many thanks to God for His provision and thanks to my sweet in-laws for their hard work and generosity. Loaded up our truck, well it was just the back seat, and headed home.
   Once home Jessica and I cleaned the peas and washed them prepared my jars and canned four quarts of peas. Then we got back in the truck and completed a couple more errands. Got back home and started cleaning the green beans and preparing the squash. Two gallon bags of summer squash par-boiled and put in the freezer. When my sweet hubby came home he sat down and grabbed a bowl full of clean green beans and started cutting the ends off for me. He's so helpful. :)  He got home earlier than normal because they had a 4th of July dinner at work. When ever we do things together we have the most wonderful conversations.
   So... There we sit talking over the events of the day, cutting green beans and  he started sharing with me about his supervisors wife, who has breast cancer. We have known about this for awhile but the family very much keeps it to themselves and we only occasionally get updates. Then dear Hubby says, "I pray for them every time she comes to mind, but mostly I pray for their salvation."
   I almost chopped my finger off when he said that. My heart was jumping for joy so hard in my chest that I could hardly contain it! My sweet hubby is a quiet man about his faith, and I'm not. He keeps me grounded and I add spontaneity to his life. I've prayed, along with many friends and family members for his salvation. (Neither one of us was saved when we got married and then 22 years ago I gave my life to Christ.)   Right then I bowed my head as I cut the beans and thanked our Awesome God for all the wonder and blessings that He has poured into my life!
   By the way, I canned 13 quarts of green beans and Saturday morning I cut corn off of the cob and canned 10 pints of whole kernel corn. I will have food for my family this winter that is chemical free. And my shelves are so colorful with pretty jars of good yumminess.
  Blessings to All ~S~ The Quilted YaYa
PS. My computer is on the fritz, so I'm using my daughters. I'll post pictures later.

No comments: