Monday, June 20, 2011

The Words of Our Tongue

 Let my tongue sing about your word, for all your commands are right. Ps. 119:172
Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue; I will proclaim your greatness. Ps. 145:6
Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything. Pro. 13:3
Gentle words are a tree of life; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. Pro. 15:4
For the Scriptures say, "'As surely as I live,' says the LORD, 'every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.'" Romans 14:11
If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. James 1:26
Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way. We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.James 3:2-5
Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right! James 3:9-10
**
  With my tongue I can praise God. I can build up my children and my husband or tear them down. Sometimes my lack of words speak more than my saying something wrong. Each day I must pray that God will guide me before I open my mouth. I alone can not control my tongue, but if all that is in my heart is God and His love and His word, then maybe I can do more good than harm. I will build up and not tear down. 
 Lord I pray that this day You will hold each of us in your arms and with your mercy and grace lead us to speak kind words and be in Your will. In Jesus name, Amen
Praying that your day is Blessed ~S~ The Quilted YaYa
** all verses NLT **

No comments: