Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Life This Week

  OK, well this week I stressed on Monday that I had to go to the Dr. on Tuesday for my yearly checkup that was four years late. I don't like going to the Doctor. Now don't get me wrong. I have one of the most precious Christian doctors around. I absolutely think the world of him. But I just don't do the doctor thing unless I'm really really sick.
   So I went to the Dr. on Tuesday, because my sweet Husband forced me. And with the exception that my bp was a little high, and I need more vitamin D in my diet because my bone density was a little low, and I'm having menopausal symptoms and not sleeping well everything was good. The blood pressure will work down with diet and exercise.
  Well not that much wrong with me. Just three little things, right? I'm going back to my old diet of mostly vegetarian with a minimal amount of meat from here on out. When I do that I have much more energy and my complexion starts to look better, among other things. Exercising again too. Plus, I am also trying to rid my home of as many chemicals as possible.
  I started this morning with making my own underarm deodorant. You can get the recipe at Wellness Mama . There is no aluminum in it! YaY!  for no metals going into your body. If you don't want to make your own you can order it from a wonderful sweet gal known as The Cheeky Maiden. While you are at her website check out the other products that she makes too. The most awesome soaps around! And all natural!
  After I get my home cleaned up today, I might try my hand at making orange marmalade! We will see how that goes. Never made it before so I will report later if I decide to make it, how it turns out. On the other hand  on Monday I also made apple jelly from organic apples. YUM! I turned out delicious. A little softer than the store bought stuff but that's ok. It is very good.
  Well, I'm off for the day. Love and Blessings to all ~S~ The Quilted YaYa

No comments: