Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pita Bread

  Today I tried my hand at making pita bread. I went to the nearest market because I wanted chicken salad stuffed in pita bread. Since it is a fairly small grocery store they didn't have pita bread. I didn't feel like driving the extra 3 miles to the larger grocery. So I grabbed a 5lb. sack of unbleached flour and a package of yeast.
  I came home and found a recipe for pita bread and in just a couple of hours I had pita bread. I was so excited! I won't post the recipe that I used here because it came from a cook book that lists everything in pounds and ounces.  But I did find a recipe very similar on line that would probably be just as good. It's called Peppy's Pita Bread Give it a try.
  Here are a couple of pictures of the pita bread and the chicken salad that I made.
Blessings to All ~S~ The Quilted YaYa


No comments: