Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

   Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.
   My Dad (pictured above) was killed in a car accident when I was five years old. So I never really got to know him. But, that didn't stop me from loving him. I tried to imagine what he would have said or done. I treasured stories that my Mom and Grandma told us about him. Would he have been sweet or stern? Maybe he had a wonderful laugh. Would he have had warm hugs? I will never know this side of Heaven.
 But, God is gracious. I had two very loving Grandpa's that stepped in and took up the cause of being the man in the lives of four small children. And when I got older I realized that no matter what happens here on earth I have a most loving, merciful, and precious Father in Heaven who loves and gave His only Son that I could one day join Him in Heaven.
   Do I miss my Dad? Yes, I do to this day. But I have a Father who wraps His loving arms around me and comforts me with warm hugs. That is full of love and disciplines me when I need it with a most gentle touch.
  He can be your Father too. Just accept His Son as your personal saviour and ask for His forgiveness. He is waiting for you to run into His open arms.
  Blessings to All ~S~ The Quilted YaYa
   .

No comments: