Friday, June 10, 2011

When You Pray

When you pray, expect things to happen. When you pray to the one true God, things will happen. Sometimes they are not "up" things. Sometimes you have to prepare for the attack of the enemy, and know that it might be that you are attacked indirectly. Sometimes it will be in your most tender spots. Your family.
  This past two weeks now I've been praying the Psalms, and other scripture over my family. This week, I've seen my husband get disgusted with movies that have foul language in them, and turn them off. Something that he would have just overlooked before. I've watched my daughters bond together and defend each other and then hug and comfort each other. And one was accused of stealing money from a patron at work.
 I have stressed and prayed over this situation since it happened yesterday. Part of me wants to confront the person that accused her, but as I prayed this morning over it, God gently touched my heart. He is in control and He will go before her and she will be held upright in His hands. She will learn from this experience, that God is on the throne and watching over her.
   
     The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Ps. 9: 9


  How my heart aches when I have to send out my children into the world to be light, as I have tried to train them to be. My mind reels with the attack that would accuse an innocent one. Her fault is that she believes everyone is honest and that no one would try to take advantage of her.
  Father God, she is in your hands, please protect her and send your angels to form a hedge around her that no evil could enter in.
  She and I will pray together again this day and her sisters will join us as we bind together and wrap each other in God's word. She is strong in Jesus. He will give her the words the courage and strength that she needs, and still keep her heart tender towards all of God's children.

No comments: