Monday, July 15, 2013

It's all about Him!

  “As the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you. Remain in My love.  If you keep My commands you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commands and remain in His love.
 “I have spoken these things to you so that My joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. This is My command: Love one another as I have loved you.  No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.  You are My friends if you do what I command you.  I do not call you slaves anymore, because a slave doesn't know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from My Father. You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.This is what I command you: Love one another. John 15:9 - 17

  It's all about Him! Jesus. We've been studying John at our church, and yesterday the words in chapter 15 of John affected each of us differently.  Do I show the world that I have joy and that it is complete? How do we show love? Am I showing the world that I am a friend of Jesus, that I have His love? Or do I complain and whine when things aren't going my way?  Do I remain in His love? 
   It really made us think about how others see us. As for me, I am more determined today to pray that God will show me how to love in a way that glorifies Him and that He would strengthen my desire/ hunger for Him and His word.  
   Several months ago I noticed that I was feeling overwhelmed and complaining about many things in my life. The worst part was that it was effecting my relationship with my husband and my daughters. I wasn't sure what to do about it though. I seemed to have been caught in this vicious circle of stewing on something that was wrong and then complaining to my girls about it. Then I'd feel bad and be depressed over it. I noticed that my girls were getting quieter and that my sweet Hubby was even pulling into a shell. (Thank You God for letting me even notice.) ( Every wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands. Proverbs 14:1I knew that it had to stop. The first thing that I did was buy myself a journal. I call it my Cry Out to Jesus Journal. This is a journal for me alone. In it I write the thoughts of my heart. The things that bother me, and the things that worry me.  He's much better able to handle my whining and complaining than my family is. He is certainly better at handling my problems than I am. How blessed to just rest in Him and His strong arms. Like a child I can crawl up into His arms and hold on and cry my heart out, knowing that He will handle it all. He comforts me and stills my mind when I focus on Him.
   I've been writing in the journal for a few months now. Yesterday, I looked back at some of the first things that I wrote in it. Funny thing, well not really, the things that I wrote about don't seem so important any more and my family is feeling much more connected again.  Not all of my prayers have been answered the way that I expected or even wanted, but I trust and believe that Jesus is handling each one.  His way, His timing. 
   In the mean time blessings abound and I find myself being thankful for some of the smallest things.  I read an awesome book over a year ago.  One Thousand Gifts  Thankful for a sweet friend that told me about it. Now I am reading another book that is touching my heart, that was given to me by another precious friend. Kisses From Katie   Oh, my heart. Jesus, here I am, use me... 
   Blessings to All ~S~
   
  
    
   

No comments: