Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Unplugged

  Today is the first time in four days that I have been on the computer. I was so busy that I didn't have time to even turn it on.
  Actually it's been nice not to get drawn into the drama that is Facebook, and while E-mails are crazy when you don't check them for several days, it was nice knowing that my time was usefully spent.
  The e-mail were pretty easy to weed through. The only ones that I care about are the ones that are from family and friends, the devotionals and from our school. Otherwise everything else just went to the trash bin.
   Facebook though is a whole other world that I can get drawn into and lose hours on if I'm not careful. So while I have allowed myself the luxury of being on it for about an hour this morning, I will have to turn it off soon and close the laptop. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a little plugged in via my cell. Important things I have routed to my text messages. But only my closest friends and my family. That way the drama doesn't get out of hand. It's hard to unplug totally since my family and friends use so much technology to communicate.
   I like that when I'm unplugged from the computer, my home gets organized, sort of, and my laundry is done. Crocheting and sewing and talking with my family take place. Awesome! I've been exercising again and spending time outside. I feel alive!
   The weekend was a blast! Nick and Kelly came in for a visit and on Saturday we had the family down for dinner so that everyone could visit with them too. They had to leave Sunday and I miss them so much when they are gone. I wish that they lived closer to us, instead of over three hours away. After they left on Sunday, Jessica, Aimee and I went dress shopping for next years prom. Looking for a good sale. We didn't find anything that suited her or met our modesty requirements. But that's ok, there is time yet. We will continue the search.
   Yesterday, I canned seven more quarts of green beans, got my laundry caught up and spent time with some precious little girls. Today I have to clean the house and finish the green beans and spend some time crocheting some baby booties for a friend.
   I am so excited that my sister is coming for a visit! I love that we are able to get together for a few days. We have so much in common, we both crochet, and quilt and both love country life.  She's better at it than I am, and even though she is my younger sister, I learn so much from her.
   So now having said all of this, it is time once again to unplug and get busy doing the things that need to be done.
Love and Blessings to All ~S~
 

No comments: