Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sisters

 Oh, that Sisterly LOVE! This week one of my younger sisters came for a visit. She is the one that I have the most in common with, in that we both love country good stuff, we love cooking and canning, and quilting and crocheting. We love the mountains and country land and putting up good foods for our families. Time spent with her is usually never long enough.
  She came for a short visit this time and was here for two days. As they left today I felt like a part of me went with her. I miss my family so much some times. Not that I haven't made awesome friends here over the last twenty seven years, but there is just nothing like a sister that you've grown up with.
  In the last two days I took her to meet our Pastor and his wife, who they met via Skype when my sister would come to church with us from her home in NC. They finally got to meet in person. Such a fun time. Then we shared patterns for quilts and recipes and other crafts. We played on the wii fit and laughed so hard we almost cried. We watched the first hour of "The Truth Project" together. Shared stories of what God is doing in our lives and how He is growing us and how He has shown us grace and mercy.
   How I love my Sister.  Much like missing my Daughter and Son-in-Love, I miss my Sister and it is now too quiet around our home. again... :(
.
This picture is from two years ago, but not much has changed. I hope and pray that it is not two years before we see each other again.
  Hope that everyone has an awesome day.
 Blessings to all ~S~

No comments: