Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fig Jam



This past weekend, I went to my in-laws and picked some figs. I love figs, but I sort of over picked and had so many. So as usual I decided I'd can some of them. Fig preserves and fig jam. I saw this post of facebook a few weeks ago and decided that I might try it. Even though the jam in the recipe was for berries I thought that I'd try a different fruit. FIGS! Wasn't sure how it would turn out, but gave it a try any way. Turns out that it is pretty good with figs. So now I will have to try it with strawberries and blueberries too. The neat thing is that there was no sugar involved and no pectin. As you can see in the picture above, those are the ingredients. That's it! Figs, honey, chia seeds.  
  The recipe for No Pectin Refrigerator Jam can be found on the blog; Deep Roots at Home.  The fig color is not as pretty as the raspberry or strawberry would be, but yummy still. Give it a try. I think that you will really like it. I know that my family does. Well, most of  my family, hubby doesn't like figs. But I'm sure that if I used a fruit that he liked, he would eat it. I'm thinking peach /mango, or strawberry.
  Blessings to All ~S~

No comments: