Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Whole Grains and Bread Beckers

   I had a great time last night with three of my girls. Jessica, Jessica and Aimee.
   Last night we attended a seminar/workshop for Bread Beckers.  What is Bread Beckers?  Oh My! It's only the most wonderful place to order whole grains and mills and all sorts of things that are very healthy for your family. And since they are just over in Woodstock, Ga. they are practically local! Well, local to us.
   Mrs.Sue Becker spoke to us about the wonderful attributes of whole, freshly milled grains. It's hard not to catch her enthusiasm! She is very knowledgeable and sweet and lively when she speaks.
   She also brought to our attention several verses of scripture that speak directly to our health and regarding bread and milling of wheat. One of the verses was:  “Do not take a pair of millstones or an upper millstone as security for a debt, because that is like taking a life as security. Deut.24:6    She shared this verse last night and pointed out that to take a man's way of milling grains was to take his life. Pretty serious stuff, I'd have to say. Also some history of processed white bleached flour. And also the way our bodies work with real foods. Goodness, it's no wonder that we are such a sickly nation.  If you ever have a chance to hear her speak, please do! You will not regret it.
    Now before anyone starts thinking that I've just jumped on the latest bandwagon that is passing by. You are wrong this time. I've always tried to eat healthy, and I try to get my family to eat healthy. Not that they always want to. We've spent too much of our lives eating whatever was pushed at us as healthy by the processing plants and the grocery stores. Yes, I know that these things taste yummy, but so does real living food.
   Anyway, I could get up on my soapbox and go on for awhile about this, but I really just want to share how wonderful this company really is.
   My head was absolutely brimming over with information last night. And since some lovely ladies baked some goodies with the whole grains for us to try, my tummy was more than content last night.
  We bought a loaf or two of Crunchy Seed Bread, delicious! And, a cookbook so that we could make the bread at home.
   One of the things that I ate was blueberry muffins. On their website they have a recipe for Chocolate Chip Muffins, which is their basic muffin recipe only with chocolate chips or in this case blueberries. They were so good I had to not walk back up to the table because I was afraid that I'd get too many. I love sweet things and when it's sweet things that are made with natural good for you stuff instead of the processed sugars...
 Well, I just had to walk away so that others would have some too. :)
    Anyway if you read my blog and you live near Woodstock, Ga. or you follow the links above to their website, do yourself a favor. Check them out! I know if you do, you will love it too!
Blessings to All ~S~


No comments: