Monday, April 18, 2011

It's in the Past

    This week is Holy Week and I have been thinking a lot about what Christ did for me. Our pastor said once that even if I had been the only one in the whole world to sin, God would have still come to earth in the body of Christ to die for me. How very much He loves me.
    I know that many people will say that the devil tries to throw your past at you. And while this sometimes is true, because he wants us to feel as though we are not worthy of God's forgiveness, I don't think that this is always the case.  
   Think about the many times that God has told the Israelites to erect an alter or to set a stone in remembrance of something that happened on that site. I think He allows me to remember the sinful things that I did in my past. Yes, I've been forgiven of those sins, but I also need to be humbled from time to time and remember to be thankful to Him for that forgiveness.
    I do wish  that I had always led the perfect  spotless life. Always been a perfect Momma, Wife, Sister, Daughter, etc... But, as with everyone, I was born with a sinful nature, and sorry to say that in my younger days I indulged that nature. Twenty-one years ago I gave my life to Christ. The roller coaster ride has been wild, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I trust Jesus more than ever now. I won't take my hand out of His and I know that He will not take His hand off of me. I read once that God loves us so much that He can't take His eyes off of me. Yeah for that! But that coin has two sides. He see everything that I do. Good and Bad. He also knows my heart and knows how much I love Him. Do I always understand everything that happens in my life? Not even a little bit will I pretend that I know it all. I do know that He is in control and that He will do nothing to harm me. Like a vine He prunes away the bad stuff and sometimes that hurts, but with the pain comes growth and beauty. I will continue to praise Him.
   Two verses that have been with me this last couple of weeks are: Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean! Micah 7:19
and, But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9
   To God I confess my sins, to Him I give my life to do with what ever He sees fit. In Jesus' name.
Blessings to all ~S~ 
May your Resurrection Sunday be filled with the blessings that come from the One True God who died for our sins and is the living God who loves us all.
  

No comments: