Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Finishing up the Monkey Quilt

     I have been working on finishing the Monkey Quilt this week. I have completed the backing now and this morning laid it out so that I could layer it. It has now been pinned and is sitting next to my sewing machine in order to be quilted.
     I was having a hard time deciding on what color thread to use for the quilting. But, with the help of some sweet people on The Quilting Board, I have chosen to go with a cream/ off white color. I am very excited to get the quilting finished and then put the binding on. The binding always gets sewn down by hand. I could never get it the way I wanted on the machine, so I have always done that part by hand.
     I think that this is one of my favorites. I really like the colors and it looks like a little boys quilt. Probably more than the blue and white quilts that I have made in the past for little boys.
     Any way here are a couple of pictures of the quilt pin basted together and ready to be quilted.
   Blessings to all, ~S~
        The Quilted YaYa

No comments: