Friday, May 6, 2011

Gatlinburg

   This past week, we went on a vacation. It was the first one we've had in about three years.
   We went to Gatlinburg. So much fun. I absolutely love the mountains. There is something so very peaceful about being in those mountains that just draw you back in time and slow everything down. You can go and stay busy if you want to. There is so much to do there. We did a lot of things, including putt putt golf, Dixie Stampede, the Ripley's Aquarium, and horseback riding. We also shopped and went swimming, and went to an art gallery. The only thing that we wanted to do but didn't get a chance to was, go antique shopping. But that's OK, we still had a great time. I really didn't want to leave. At least not after one week. Two weeks would have been great.
    Horseback riding in the Great Smokey Mountain Park is really fun. I was very glad that we didn't see any bears, but we did see some wild turkey while we were riding. There is something so peaceful about sitting on the back of this big horse and riding through the woods and next to streams that are rushing along. Of course it made me realize just how old and out of shape that I am. ^.^
    While we were there, Jessica and I were both offered jobs. I was offered one at an art gallery and one leading horses on a trail ride. Jessica was offered a job at the Dixie Stampede in the stables.
     Of course we also just spent time sitting on the balcony of our room and looking out at the mountains. Words just can not do justice to what fills my heart when I sit there reading my Bible and looking at the splendor of what God created.
      So, we are home now and I am glad. We have all of our stuff around us and fun memories were made while we were there. Life will be back to the old grind beginning next week. I don't think that I want to wait three years before we go back again. Also there are many other places that I'd love to visit.
      Que Sera Sera, God is awesome and we had a blast on our vacation. I am at peace in the mountains but even there the bills, and the busyness of life will eventually catch up to you again.  So God has me here and that is a good thing. He will take care of us and teach us to not get too busy.
      Praying that God will be with you and give you a peace that passes all understanding.
 Blessings to all ~ S ~ The Quilted YaYa

No comments: