Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Done!

       WooWhooo! The Monkey Quilt is done. I will turn it over to it's new owner today!
       There always seems to be a certain amount of stress that comes with making a quilt for someone else. Especially if it's one that they requested and are paying for. I love making quilts, so much so that I wish I could make it my living to share the beauty of taking scraps of fabric and turning them into something that is warm, comforting and filled with love. The stress is ok though. I work pretty good under a little stress. Too much and I tend to shut down. But when one is working on a quilt you can't be stressed for too long. There is just something so relaxing about putting the pieces together and seeing how they take shape. In my little quilting corner I can work and create and pray and draw close to Jesus. One of the verses from scripture that has been with me the last several months is: Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. 1 Thess. 4:11
      Each quilt that I create is a part of me. Much like my own child, some of the quilts go to my children and some go to dear friends. Parting with them is much like watching a child take steps out the door. I pray over each quilt and hope that the recipient loves it as much as I do.
     So here are a couple of pictures of the finished product.
  Blessings to all ~ S ~ The Quilted YaYa


No comments: