Monday, April 9, 2012

Resurrection Weekend

 Christ the Lord is risen today! This weekend was Resurrection Sunday, or you may call it Easter Sunday. We Love this time of the year because without it we would have no relationship with our Creator.  I hope that everyone had an awesome weekend.
   It was also a good weekend because we got to know Nick a little better and he got to know us a little better.  It's funny how he seems to fit into the family already after just a few short visits. As usual Ronald is reserved and watching.  And that's ok. He takes his roll as Dad quite seriously. I love that about him, he is such a solid part of my life. I, on the other hand, am out there with all my heart and emotion. Quick to trust and to love. Much like my daughters I wear my heart on my sleeve, although I see some of their Dad's reserve in them too.
   Today Nick left to go back home, and Kelly went to work. Jessica and Aimee were off in the other room and our home was so quiet. I love the laughter and the lively discussions that happen when he is around. Not that we don't have laughter when Nick isn't around, it's just different. We have some really great discussions about Biblical things too. Such as: predestination, the rapture of the church, God's sovereign will, and morality. I learned some things this weekend about myself and realized that I still have a lot of growing and learning to do as a Christian. This is a really good thing. I still have questions as I read and ask God always for wisdom as I read His word. I am glad that God has placed Nick in our lives, here to allow me to throw out questions and give me feed back as I read. Thanks Nick. ^.^ He also loaned us some cd's to help us in our Bible study. Such a sweet guy!
    Oh, as promised in my last post a picture of Nick and Kelly.
    I almost forgot to tell about dance class. So, Aimee takes ballroom dancing once a week and I found out about a dance/cardio class in Hoover that is at the same time each week as Aimee's class. So I thought that I'd check it out and give it a try.  I was so nervous the first time. Kelly and Jessica went with me (they didn't participate) to make sure that I didn't chicken out. Well, I decided that I liked it. Although I thought that the instructor was trying to make me loose all of the weight I wanted to loose in that first hour. So I've been back twice more, well every time that the class has been held. I'm actually learning and it's so FUN!
     Blessings to All ~ S~
 

No comments: