Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Work, Work, Work!

     Have you ever noticed that when there is something to be done and the something you have to do is not your favorite thing, it seems like work! It may not be hard, it's just not something you want to do or like to do.
    For instance... I told someone that I love very much that I would alter some clothes for them. I don't mind taking up a hem or two, or mending a seam, but these clothes all had tapered ends. That means cutting them off so that you don't end up with puckered material at the top of the hem. To roll it up would mean too much material and a heavy seam. I finally went down to my sewing area yesterday and worked on the ones that were really simple. That left just four items that I may have to fight with. Why do I dread doing this? It's a labor of love right? It feels like major work!
    The biggest problem that I have is when something like this is in front of me... I will avoid the sewing area all together. I have had a box of patches that I cut out for a quilt top ready for over a month now and knowing that I had these alterations to do I have avoided the sewing area all together. I have a hard time justifying the quilt work when the other sewing needs to be done. I'd just rather be quilting. Maybe it's the creating thing that I like the most. I don't seem to mind doing simple patterns and making clothes. But I'm not a great seamstress, so the pattern needs to be really simple.
      Well, I guess I've put off going down again. Sitting here writing on the blog instead of facing what needs to be done. I'm off to sew up some clothes and get them out of the way so that I can work on my new quilt top guilt free.
    Blessing to you all ~ S
    The Quilted YaYa

No comments: