Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rambling thoughts about Titus 2

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:3-5
Teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live... I've been thinking about this scripture a great deal this morning. The greatest priority in a home is Love. My most important ministry is my home. I set the temperature in my home. Is it peaceful? Is it harmonious? Have I respectfully placed my husband first? As an older woman, have I taught a younger woman this week? Well I have 3 daughters still living at home. Which means I have to daily lay my life before Christ so that I don't teach them anything wrong. Have I lived my life in a reverent way? Deeply respectful of the things of God.
On the other side of the coin, Have I learned anything from another older woman? So often God puts Godly women in our lives and we over look them. I have been blessed with many women in my life, some in my church and some that I have met through homeschooling. Many that have written wonderful books that teach me through their words. But the most precious are those that I know personally because they teach me with their actions.
I pray this day that I would have a teachable heart, that I would not malign the word of God.


No comments: