Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Teach


O, what a beautiful morning, O, what a beautiful day!
The bathroom plumbing is fixed! We found that the problem was a sagging pipe that allowed shampoo, conditioner and hair to build up and slow everything down. Looking forward to school today.
I've been thinking about my role as a teacher this morning. I don't think that I really have the ability to teach as public school teachers and yet my children have learned to read, write, spell, do math, and various other academic subjects.
I used my concordance this morning and looked up the word "teach". Just scanning over the listings in the NIV, it is apparent what is most important. Teach me your ways O, Lord. David said teach me your paths. When God spoke to people He said I will teach you what to say. Jesus was called Teacher. He is the teacher, as is the Holy Spirit. Over the years I have prayed over my little classroom of children as I have prepared to teach a subject or new concept. They have learned and they are growing into adults with good character and respectful manners.
Do I really teach, yes and no, I'm a vessel or a glove that God uses to teach my children. I pray that God will continue to work through me to teach my children everyday, even after school and academics are completed. That I would turn to His word to light my way in this dark world.

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25: 4-5

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26

No comments: