Monday, February 21, 2011

Here we go again!

    Here we go again. I have started my diet and exercise program again. In the past I have started and stopped so many times it's ridiculous! This time though I have enlisted some accountability. Also I really would like to be thinner when Jessica graduates.
    I'm tired of being tired from carrying around extra weight. I might check out the gym for a class or two if I can afford it. Not sure yet. I am cleansing my body for at least 21 days with a vegetarian diet. If I do really well I may stick with it. I went vegetarian for a few years several/many years ago when I was in my teens. But then eventually went back to my terrible habits of bad eating. At 50 + now I really want to get into shape and enjoy time spent with my kids and with my husband as we begin to get ready for the empty nest. I don't look forward to an empty nest, but I know that it is inevitable.
    I figure too if I blog about it that it might help me to stay with it too. I know the biggest motivator is going to be when I see the first few pounds melt away. I'm trying to keep my goals simple, and short term to start with. If they are reachable then I will continue to push forward. I hope.   Scratch that, positive thinking only! I will!
 : )
   I did exercise for one hour this morning. Walking on my elliptical and aerobics. So day one is down. Now to go figure out what to fix for supper since my family won't be joining me in my vegetarian diet. This, I think, will be the hardest part. Two meals each day. Breakfast and lunch will be no problem. Supper, well... that's a whole different story. Say a prayer for my family as I detox and withdraw from junk food and meat.
    Well, best be off of here. I have much to do today and part of my new healthier, attitude is less time spent on the computer.
 
   Blessings to all ~ S
   The Quilted YaYa

No comments: