Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday!

     It's Monday! Well it hasn't been bad, just long so far. My Kelly had to be in Prattville this morning by 7:30 to take her practical exam for the Cosmetology State Board. That meant that we as a family go together. I have been determined to be extra supportive. Well, actually.... Kelly doesn't drive that early after only a few hours of sleep and not knowing exactly where she is going. And since the weather was threatening today and  I didn't want the others home alone, we went together. It was a good thing. And I am supportive. : /
     I thought that I was going to have a hard time getting everyone up. Not so this morning. Jessica and Aimee I guess were excited about a road trip even if it was only an hour away. They were both awake by 4 this morning. I was up at 3:30 even though my alarm was set for 4:30 a.m.. My sweet husband forgot to turn off his alarm and it went off at 3:25. I sure would have liked that extra hour of sleep. But that is OK too. Kelly was up at 5. Actually I think she was up before that because she was awake when I called her at 5. At any rate, we were all up and ready to go out the door at 6 a.m. So off we went all the little women on our way to Prattville. : )
    The State Board people said that the test site was a Holiday Inn. Problem was we couldn't find a Holiday Inn when we got there. Sure was glad that we gave ourselves extra time. The name of the place was changed to The Prattville Inn. We arrived around 7 and had to wait until 7:30. They weren't allowed to check in early. So at 7:30 Kelly went into  the exam site and then we went to Target, Books-A-Million, PetSmart, and Ross. We had fun shopping, even if we didn't spend anything. Well, I didn't spend anything. Aimee found a cute shirt at Ross for $9 and Jessica got a coffee at Starbucks. We got back to the test site about 45 minutes before Kelly was finished and sat in the car and read our books.
     We were home by 12:45. Just in time for some lunch. Now I have to come up with something for dinner. Hmmmmmm have no idea. But I guess I'd better get off of the computer and go see what a good meal might be for the family.
   Blessings to all ~ S
 The Quilted YaYa
  

No comments: