Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 10 - It's Wednesday

    Well, yesterday was errand day. I don't really like having to leave the house more than a couple of days a week. Yesterday was a day to get the house cleaned up and laundry done also.
    I did manage to get up and exercise and I went back to eating better yesterday. Monday I ate junk food and by the end of the day I really felt bad. Too much sugary stuff in my diet in one day. Back on track on Tuesday though. Started out the day with a fruit/green smoothie. It was really good. Cranberry juice, banana, frozen blueberries, spinach, carrots, arugula, parsley & lettuce. Don't crinkle your nose! It really is yummy and healthy for you! Almond stuffed dates for lunch and a tomato sandwich for supper. Had some popcorn for a snack later. The great news is I have lost 5 pounds!
    I just started reading a new book too, Green for Life. Very interesting. If you are looking to add something healthy to your diet try green smoothies. Better than you think. : )
    Today it is back to quilting too. I have got to finish the baby quilt this month and have it ready for the baby shower.
    I've been reading 1 Thessalonians this week and the verse that really has spoken to me is: This should be your ambition: to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we commanded you before. 1Thes. 4: 12  I like working with my hands, and my business is that of taking care of my family and ministering to people in my neighborhood with the things that I make with my hands. I love the excitement of giving someone a handmade quilt or homemade baked goods. The most satisfying feeling is knowing that a need was met and God used me to meet it. I pray that each day I am not so busy that I don't hear God's voice prompting me to do something for Him.
   Well, I am off to start my day now.
  Blessings to all ~ S
 The Quilted YaYa

No comments: