Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Friday

   I'm usually glad for Fridays. It means that it's the weekend and I don't have to worry about teaching or several other things. But lately Fridays have meant that I'm extra busy. Friday has always been my grocery day, but now it is also the day that I clean a house every other week, and take my youngest to ballroom dancing every other week. I didn't get to drop grocery day or move it to another day. I just added everything else onto it. I think that I need to add more time into my day. I'd really rather be quilting or crafting. But since I will be out and about on this lovely cold Friday I think I will shop a few other stores also.
   Hobby Lobby is very close to where my daughter takes dance. Recently my husband  challenged me to not buy quilting fabric. And I will try very hard not to.  But  I think that I do need a few quilt supplies. There are a couple of rotary rulers that I've been eying for a while and I think that I may look much closer today. I sometimes talk myself out of things  before I get to the check out counter, but today I am armed with a coupon. I love coupons! And rulers are not fabric.
    I also need some cotton batting. Having just read that polyester batting can ruin a cotton quilt. Something that I never knew before. Seems the polyester will make the cotton fabric disintegrate faster. So sad, but that explains what has happened to a few of the quilts that I made in the past. I've had to go back and repair them a couple of times. So from here on out it is cotton batting only for me. 
    I've also been thinking about trading my wonderful sewing machine in on a newer version. This will take much thought though, since they are really expensive and my desires are almost always bigger than my budget. In the mean time though, I am content with the machine that I have. It's a wonderful Janome 9000. And since my machine has sentimental value it will be hard to part with it. Well, I think that I just talked myself out of that one. hehe.
    So many things to do today, I think that I will have another cup of coffee and get a few more things ready for today. I must clip a few more coupons for the grocery store. Did I tell you that I just LOVE coupons? : )
   Blessings to All ~ S
    The Quilted YaYa

2 comments:

joyfulgrandma said...

That is excellent Sherry. I wholeheartedly agree with every word. I thank God daily for you and the wisdom He has given you. Love you dear friend!

joyfulgrandma said...

This was good, but I commented on the wrong post. Silly me. :-)