Saturday, February 5, 2011

Warning!

   This post is to all the young men out there who hope to court any one of my daughters.
    These Young Ladies have been raised to put their trust, hope and hearts to Jesus.  Their Dad and I have protected them( i.e. their character), guarded them and prayed over them all of their lives. And we will continue to do so until the day that Jesus calls us home.  If you think that you can just waltz into their lives and sweep them off of their feet, you have another thing coming! There are a few rules that will be followed. PERIOD!!!
   1. You must belong to Jesus! With all of your heart. When Jesus is the Owner of your heart then I know that my daughter will be first in your thoughts through His Heart.
   2. You should be of good character with a good reputation. Don't compromise God's word.
   3. You will not ask of my daughters to do anything that would compromise their reputation.
   4. I would appreciate if you are friends with them on any social network that you would also help guard their hearts, eyes, ears, and minds by being mindful of what you post. You should be guarding your hearts, eyes, ears, and minds also. (I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all crooked dealings; I will have nothing to do with them. Ps. 101:3)
   5. If you are asking to court them, you should understand that 98 - 99% of the time you will be supervised by either a parent or a sibling. Yes, we call them the watch dogs. There is safety in numbers.
   6. Don't think of trying to steal the kiss that belongs to Jesus and will only belong to you the day you say "I Do"
   7. Understand that my daughters are my best friends. One day they may be your best friend. But until that day do not ask of them to do anything to betray my trust in them. Doing so will result in your being out of the picture completely. Trust once broken is very hard to earn back. I know that for a fact.
    Just be aware that the love of this Mama will do what ever it takes, because my love for my children comes from Jesus.
    Now having said that, Don't be afraid to ask to see our daughters. They are not perfect and neither are you.  (For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23) I just want you to know that our standards are high because our children are children of the King. We want what is best for them, what God wants for them. We approach all things in our lives prayerfully including who our children see. Also be assured that if you are the one that God has for one of our daughters that when she walks down the aisle to be your bride you will be getting the 100% pure princess that God intended her to be.
   Blessings to all ~ S
 The Quilted YaYa and DAD

1 comment:

joyfulgrandma said...

That is excellent Sherry. I wholeheartedly agree with every word. I thank God daily for you and the wisdom He has given you. Love you dear friend!